The Consortium on Useful Assessment in Language and Humanities Education will hold its annual meeting and conference October 27-28 at the University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon. Papers will be on one of the following three topics:
- Working with standardized tests in a useful manner
- Assessing reading/writing across the curriculum
- Assessment in articulation with community colleges or other partner institutions
The deadline for proposal submissions has closed. Notification of acceptance decisions will be made by July 16, 2018. Visit the CUALHE website for more information.
EAST COAST ORGANIZATION OF LANGUAGE TESTERS (ECOLT) CONFERENCE 2018
The East Coast Organization of Language Testers (ECOLT) is pleased to announce its seventeenth annual conference on October 12-13, 2018, hosted by the Educational Testing Service. This year's theme is "Traditions of Language Testing Innovation."
Plenary presentations will include:
- Luke Harding, Lancaster University, "Innovation and ethics: Exploring the frontiers of language assessment literacy"
- Keelan Evanini, Educational Testing Service, "Automated spoken language assessment: Validity considerations for the use of innovative technology"
Registration is now available; please note that all attendees must register online, as on-site registration will not be offered this year.